Nicknames: Amyn, Ammy,
Physical Age: 23-25
Hair: Custard blonde
Amyn is thankful for being able to come to Sybal Heim, especially since the state she was in when the Traveller’s Forest was sent to her it was nothing short of a miracle. While she doesn’t want to delve into the politics of the world, she does keep a close eye on them and thinks back to her duties in her old time. She trusts the ministers to make the right decisions for the better of the people in Sybal Heim since she understands the burdens of handling such a large population but currently is furthering expanding her knowledge so that one day she can contribute.
In Sybal Heim Amynta works in the Minister's Offices, ensuring with her brother that food, tools, resources and raw materials are transported and distributed properly throughout the city. Her brother speaks with the citizens and listens to them to see if there are any specific needs that aren't reaching the ears of the ministers. They also monitor any trades between other districts and ensure that everyone has all the equipment and staff they need to be able to keep things running smoothly, reporting directly to the Ministers. Living in Heilig now, Amynta and Zephyrus both report directly to Yul (And Amynta will chase Yul down to make sure things are approved in a timely manner). They were going to be there for eternity as far as they knew, and the twins wanted everyone to be comfortable.
Sybal Form: Luminescent Pinniped
While her twin’s sybal form is humanoid and like a bird, her’s is closer to a more aquatic animal form.
Covered in smooth, translucent skin she has an aquamarine bioluminescent glow that emanates from her core and outwards. From nose to tail she is 15 feet, and when standing on her front fins stands at 8, resembling a giant seal with tiny feet. Her back has soft, flat feather like spines with a soft jelly feel and has two prehensile antennae that can write and grab things for her that are very sensitive to touch.
However when provoked or angry the spines will raise up, stiffen and rattle together. The same goes for her mouth, which it doesn't appear she has one until it opens up and is lined with long, needle like teeth that can retract and extend from her “gums”. These are all warnings for attackers to stay away, or to warn others of nearby danger.
While she is more or less the same as a Sybal as she is a human, her Sybal form shows her much more playful side. She'll pounce around and roll in the grass, and dive head first into the river as she pleases, or just happily waddles around. She isn't particularly fast when she walks but if she launches herself with her fins she can leap small distances, though truly if she needed to get somewhere fast on land don't be surprised if you see her sausage rolling across the floor.
Sybal Power: Auroric Aegis
A chemical reaction in her body makes her gel like body solidify into a hard gel that absorbs pressure and impacts. She can easily shift from her solid state back into her gel state, good for sudden impacts and quick defences.
The ability can last for 15 minutes with constant use when it’s activated, however when it does she can’t move very quickly, if at all because of the sudden gain of weight. She goes from her natural 116 lbs, to easily 10 times her weight to be heavy enough to withstand the blows. After her time is up she’d have to rest for a while before she could use it again and if her body sustains a heavy impact that hurts her body or breaches her shield, she would have to heal physically first before she could even try to use it again.
Projectiles and anything with piercing damage can break through her defences. Small points, needles and thin spikes and horns also would do damage to her. Sharp claws, teeth and talons could potentially pierce if they can get a grip on her but at most they would leave welts over her skin. She also does not deal will with extreme temperatures, so for instance you could hurl a giant boulder on fire at her, and she'd be able to withstand the impact but she'd still suffer burns.
(The best way to imagine this is, is to look at those gel heat packs. When you click the disk it starts to harden and such and it's very much like this ability.)
Docile or Feral: Docile
+ Well Mannered
- High strung
Raised as royalty, Amyn and her brother have both been taught proper mannerisms and behaviors since they were both very young. While Amyn is well bred and is both polite and sincere, she also doesn’t have any problems speaking her mind. If she disagrees with you, she will voice it but does so in a sensible manner. Now without the worry of keeping up appearances to others, she freely pursues anything that she is curious about, constantly thirsting for knowledge and is more genuine about her feelings and thoughts. Amyn is still getting used to this however, and sometimes when she feels she’s overstepped her boundaries or done something embarrassing, her face will burn with a blush every time she recalls it and she’ll fret and fidget anxiously to no end until she’s either forgiven or she is certain that people have forgotten her blunder and even then, she herself can’t let it go. Under her care, she is gentle and nurturing but can also be motherly and overprotective. While she dislikes confrontation Amyn isn't without a temper, and will stand for what she believes in.
docs.google.com/document/d/1IN… The full version with narration that isn't much shorter...
Born in the Middles Ages of Denmark, Amynta and her twin brother Zephyrus were born into royalty. Growing up they were inseparable, even through their studies. When tutors would try and teach Amyn about sewing gowns and embroidering tapestries, and Zephyrus about treaties and dueling, the twins would simply trade clothes and trade places (And yes, Zephyrus was very okay with wearing a dress). This went on for years, even after they would be caught countless times until the time their father passed away, having been taken by the Black Death.
Zephyrus was to be crowned the next King of the throne, Amyn to be married off to a prince in Norway. Not having any interest in one person having so much power, Zephyrus, as newly appointed king, decreed that the ruling be between he and Amynta. This decision was kept quiet with very few knowing, and while Amynta would have accepted the marriage Zephyrus refused to give his blessing.
For a time all was well, until in 1428 the twins announced to their people that the kingdom had in fact, been ruled by the two of them together. While most of them accepted it, there were others who began refusing to speak with Amyn about what they needed and demand audience with Zephyrus, some demanding proof of promise they were speaking to the correct twin. With the Kalmar Union dissolved, officials from both Sweden and Norway kept demanding to speak with Amyn’s brother, straining the work of both of the twins and it soon came to the point where Zephyrus lost his temper during an audience.
Zephyrus’ outburst sparked something in the kingdom. A year later in 1429, while Amynta was in the castle going over treaties, her wet nurse suddenly burst into her study. There was the glow of torches and the heavy sound of metal outside and when Amyn looked, she saw people were marching towards them.
It was a revolt.
Running to her brother’s room, a maid told Amynta that the rebellion in Sweden had carried into Denmark, the Swedes coming to dethrone King Eric. By the time Zephyrus had arrived Amyn had changed into his clothes, throwing a pair of hers to him. She wanted to distract them so he could run, and Zephyrus refused, instead wearing a similar outfit. Angry towns people and knights fought, some managing to make it deeper into the castle to set rooms on fire and steal what they could. A group found the room that the twins were hiding in, and just as the twins got ready to fight back the maids and servants in the room swarmed around them and began to throw themselves at the mob. A young servant boy ushered them into a servant's door, and Amyn could hear the screams of her maids as they were cut down.
The boy lead them out down the lower half of the castle and ran to the forest with them to escape. The twins saw townspeople and knights alike laying dead, some of the towns people having stood up to the others and were still fighting. However before they could could even make it to the edge an arrow pierced the servant boy and as he fell, Zephyrus And Amynta were ambushed from the trees. During the fight, Amynta cried out as an arrow struck her in the side and in a fit of rage Zephyrus stabbed the man trying to finish her, who was the baker he would visit every week and ran with Amynta.
As they ran Amyn would stumble and cry out, holding the arrow and hearing the shouts behind them. She told Zephyrus to leave her, tears fell from her eyes even at the thought of being found by the people, scared at what they would do.
Zephyrus refused, picking her up despite his own wounds and running with her. Running until he couldn’t hold his balance Zephyrus tripped, and clutching Amynta close they fell. They were exhausted, and as the hopeless feeling washed over them they both wished for the same thing as they waited to die.
They prayed to be reborn together in their next life.
They prayed to be free.
A rustle of leaves made Amynta look up frightfully until she saw what looked like a gateway of trees, different from the ones around them and pointed to out to her brother, hoping he would just humour her. Was she hallucinating? Apparently not, because Zephyrus seeing it as well, picked her up and ran. Wherever it was going to take them, it wasn't here.
They made it through the Travellers forest and collapsed to the ground, Zephyrus catching his breath while Amynta was still clutching the arrow in her side. While she didn't feel herself slipping away now, she still felt weak from the wound and didn't notice that a man in strange clothing had knelt down and offered his hands out to them. The man, Theo, had them looked after and their wounds patched up before going with them to the ministers office. Once everything official had been taken care of, the twins were warned about what was to come when night fell, and for a moment they feared the worst until the actual transformation. The Twins were thrilled, albeit bewildered at how different they looked from one another.
They chose to live in the Heilig district, living next door to each other as neighbours though when they first arrived they lived in Ambrotos. (They plan to live in each district at least once). Amynta and Zephyrus both decided to put their skills learnt running a kingdom to use, and help with the overseeing of resources and food in the city. No longer carrying their royal titles they were happy being just themselves.
A new life; A new world.
They were free.
Books and reading
Learning new things
Being near or in water
Music and dancing
- Gets motion sick on carriages or anything that isn't alive. She can ride horses and other animals, and she can handle being on a boat for short periods of time but don’t expect her to enjoy being sailed through the Uferlos river for an hour.
- However, Amynta is an avid swimmer and can hold her breath underwater for nearly 3 minutes. (This is her spending no exertion however.
- Doesn't have a big sweet tooth like her brother, but loves trying to bake and cook. (She mostly likes tasting new food)
- Curious about things around her and what she reads in books, having a healthy thirst and respect for knowledge. She can almost always be found in a pile of books in the library, and if that one doesn’t have the book she is looking for she’ll gladly trek to the next district in search of it. Fascinated by the new and different cultures of Sybal Heim, Amynta makes it a habit to try and learn about the music and traditions of other cultures as to avoid offending anyone.
- While she knows how to keep herself composed she gets fidgety and nervous, especially when faced with stronger and more abrasive personalities than her own more timid nature. This can be seen with her rubbing her fingers together or against fabric.
- She still gets night terrors about the day they ran from the castle and still thinks about the maids and townspeople who had fought and died for their sake. Half the time Zephyrus will stay with her to comfort her but she’s tried (and failed) to lie to him about them stopping. She feels guilty for their deaths and is afraid to forget about their sacrifice. She goes when she has time to any available churches to confess this, whenever she is plagued with the nightmares or any other guilty feelings.
- Dead things deeply bother her and she either has to look away or leave the scene all together. Amynta dislikes violence.
- Is afraid of babies. (Whether she’s scared to have them, or doesn’t trust herself with them it’s hard to say.)
- Has very good memory, able to retain information she hears or reads easily. She’s also good with faces and names as well.
- Gets rather shy around some men and very confident women.
- While she keeps the old habits of her upbringing, Amynta is very proud of herself for learning to be independent and learning to be more assertive. However it took her nearly 20 years to be able to figure out domestic duties such as cooking and cleaning. (Her brother mastered it well before she did)
- She and her brother don’t disclose lightly that they were royalty or much about their life before Sybal Heim. When the situation calls they will revert back into their more proper mannerisms but the rest of the time they let themselves, be themselves.
- Although it wasn’t customary, Amynta has learnt how to fight and defend with a sword, as well as a bow. She doesn't have the same power or speed that her brother has but she makes up for it well with strategy, and accuracy.
- Having played the harp and lyre when she was in her old time, Amynta has made it a habit to continue practising as well as pick up any new instruments, but she’s very shy about playing them for others.